Thorn-D, 100% environmentally friendly antifouling
What we offer:
A patented antifouling technology where fibres are applied as fouling repellent by decreasing the available surface for settlement. This non-toxic antifouling is already used in aquaculture but has also great potential in shipping, offshore and maritime infrastructure.
The antifouling technology consists of specific short fibres (thorns) that can be applied on various surfaces like nets, foils and woven materials. For applications on large surfaces like ship hulls, the fibres are produced on self-adhesive foils.
The technology can be utilized in the following areas:
• Aquaculture: already on the market;
• Shipping: tests on fast sailing pilot ships have been done. Market entry in progress;
• Offshore: basic test done;
• Maritime Infrastructure: basis test done.
What we are looking for:
The company is interested to get in contact with end-users that are willing to try out the innovative antifouling product. The company already has commercial applications on workboats and would like to expand their scope to larger vessels.
The company is also interested in partners to represent them throughout Europe.
The specific area(s) of activity of the partner(s): Aquaculture, Shipping, Offshore, Maritime Infrastructure
- Ships (including repairs and refits)
- Shipbuilding materials
- Marine/Offshore technology
- Commercial alliance
- Industrial alliance
- Joint Venture Agreement
- Trade Intermediary Service (agent, distributor, representative)