List of participantsback to list
Turku and Espoo, Finland
Aboa Mare trains master mariners, marine engineers, watchkeeping officers and watchkeeping engineers. All degree programs are accredited by the Maritime Authorities in Finland according to the STCW-convention. Aboa Mare is also accredited by DNV according to ISO 9001 and ISO 14001 quality standards.
In addition to the degree-oriented education, Aboa Mare also arranges a variety of continuing education courses for professional seafarers and the shipping industry. With simulator centres in south-western part of Finland, Turku and Espoo we specialize in simulator training and have a total of 10 simulator bridges featuring real instruments.
back to list
Maritime training and consultancy
What we offer:
1. Maritime simulation
2. Several (5) modern real bridge equipment (IBS) systems connected to a ship handling simulator.
3. For training within the maritime field focusing specially on sea safety, human behavior and handling of critical situations
What we are looking for:
1. A technological application connected to modern bridge-equipment in connection with a ship simulator. To be used for research and development of how to evaluate the suitability of persons working onboard with bridge-equipment
2. Evaluation of skills for maritime officers
3. The hardware and software of implementing critical situations in real bridge-equipment is ready.
1. Research institutions and manufacturers of bridge technology
2. Shipping industry
3. Manufacturing the application
- Navigation & Monitoring
- Marine/Offshore technology
- Marine Research
- Maritime services
- Institutions and organizations
- Research, Technological alliance
Mr Captain J.Petteri Niittymaki
Head of Dergee Program